Monday, July 19, 2010

I had a farm in Africa...


Today at the TV I saw (again) Out of Africa. I really love that film and everything that you can see on it, it's one of the most beautiful love stories that I've ever seen. I feel a little bit like Karen and Denys; I mean, I want to be a free soul as Denys (I think I am) but I would love to be as strong and brave as Karen, an independent woman as she was.


Meryl Streep and Robert Redford as Karen and Denys in the 1985 film Out of Africa.

After leaving Africa, Karen Blixen became a writer, something difficult for a woman. I really admire women who were writers in the past centuries; it was very strange and complicated for them became a writer, so they used false names.

Since I was a child, I always wanted to be a writer. I wrote one of my very first stories with nine years old. Then, with eleven years, I started to compose poems. I've got at home about eleven different "books" I wrote when I was younger. I've got lots of stories on the computer, but I don't know why, I can't end any of them, and it's not about inspiration, but I can't write.

 Two pictures of Karen Blixen, when she was young and in her older years.

Maybe its because I feel sad, but I hope I would end some of the things I've got on my mind, and show them to you one of these days. From all the things I've always wanted to do with my life, the top of my personal list was become a writer, since I can remember.



I'm sorry about the last entries; really really sorry, but my mood these days is like this... but I'll try to be strong, as Karen :) Maybe, one of these days, I'll have a farm in Africa. Or in Sweden, who knows.


8 comments :

  1. yo tb la e estado viendo!xD por cierto esta semana voy para bcn! vas a star por allí?? un bsotee^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of Africa is such a pretty movie! I love everything you said about the characters, and I agree. I have a hard time finishing the stories I write, too. I have one that I would love to publish but I just can't get it to that point yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a bit soapy for me,an ideal movi if you are feeling down. You are already a write; you write in your blogs. Now a days there are more writers than readers; so keep on writting in your beautiful blog and making us happy with your lovely outfits. Do not waist time on beeing sad, it is not worth it.
    Un abrazo
    sacramento

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think its really cool how you write stories or used to :3 I wish I could but I normally stumble after a coupole of pages XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my favourite movies of all time, gosh I love it! Keep writing, don't give up! Sometimes you just need to tap into yourself and find the strength to conclude these books, one at a time, baby steps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good film, but a little slow. I have to addmit that I found it a little boring too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, dear, this is one of the greatest movies ever! Amazing live, love story and brilliant actors!
    Just don't give up!In all of as is some little Karen (;

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!